Tuesday, January 02, 2007

retro love


This was a throw away sketch that I can't throw away. This is from one of my favorite scenes in the original Frankenstein movie. If you haven't seen it (say it ain't so!) it's a brief moment of happiness for my friend the monster where he experiences some of the good things in life, eating, smoking, friendship and music. I went out and read the book after the movie and it fell flat for me. I realized it was Boris Karloff that made that monster so wonderful to me. The monster in the book looked nothing like the Universal version and vice versa. To this day he is one of my favorites. Not one of my best pieces but one I really like.

5 comments:

Le Tang said...

HI BRIAN!!! Great expression! It makes me wonder what kind of cigarette he may be smoking....

dave yee said...

Great piece! Look's like Ol' Frank is really enjoying that "cigarette".

James Baker said...

FRIEND!!

benton jew said...

So I guess he's smoking a "Franken-fatty"?

James Baker said...

Yeah, he's Frankenstoned
bwah ha har
*snort*